Happy 2019 All!
Our NBBA meetings began tonight- it was great to see club members and some new faces as well. Our next meeting will be Tuesday, February 26th at 7pm at Adams Visitor Center. Hope to see you there!
Here are some upcoming local beekeeping events:
- Beginning Beekeeping Courses
Bennington County Beekeepers Club is offering free (donations welcomed) beginner beekeeping classes. Learn about the life of honey bees, the skills and equipment needed to care for them and the many challenges they face.
Classes meet at Vermont Veterans Home, in Bennington, in the Crispe Room. January 24th and 31st, February 7th, 14th, 28th 6:30-9pm
To sign up or for more info contact Jeanne Davis- 802-823-7955 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Apiary Educational Events 2019
Held at UMass Agricultural Learning Center Farm, 911 North Pleasant street.
Amherst, MA 01002 10am to 12. Bring veil and proper clothing.
Saturday, 4/13- Winter Evaluation and Spring Management Part 1
Saturday, 5/11- Spring Management Part 2
Saturday, 6/8- Summer Management
Saturday, 7/13- Pests, Parasites and Pathogens
Saturday, 8/10- Fall Management Part 1
Saturday, 9/14- Fall Management Part 2
Saturday, 10/12- Winter Prep
For more info: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/mdar-state-apiaries
- Berkshire Backyard Beekeepers: Berkshire Botanical Gardens
Upcoming beekeeping workshops and events:
- *Creating a Varroa Management Plan – Hannah Whitehead, Honey Bee Extension Educator
- Saturday, March 9, 10am-noon at Berkshire Botanical Garden
- Honey Bees under the Microscope – UMass Honey Bee Extension Center
- Saturday, February 9, 10am-noon at UMass Amherst
- *Utilizing Natural Queens and Making Nucs with Jack Rath, Betterbee
- Saturday, February 16, 10 am – noon at Berkshire Botanical Garden
- *Beekeeping 101: An Introduction to Beekeeping
- Saturday, March 16, 9 am – 4 pm at Berkshire Botanical Garden
*Denotes a class held through Berkshire Botanical Garden. Register at berkshirebotanical.org/events. Contact the host organization for all other events.
Next Berkshire Backyard Beekeepers Meeting: Tuesday, February 12 at 6pm
Please feel free to ‘bee’ in touch with questions! email@example.com